Our Environmental Best Practices
The Star Gold Coast is committed to environmental best practice while maintaining the highest level of comfort and service.
The Queensland Water Commission has recognised Jupiters Gold Coast as a ‘conservation champion’ for drastically reducing water consumption by an impressive 40 percent since 2003.
The Star Gold Coast has its own on-site water treatment facility, Water Efficiency Management Plan and dedicated Water Committee and saves a massive 96 ML every year through the use of recycled water on public gardens and in restrooms.
Other key water saving initiatives include:
- Water efficient fittings on all showers, taps and urinals
- 6/3 dual flush toilet
- Plans to implement facilities for Rain Water Harvesting with potential savings of around 3.2 mega litres per year
- The planned introduction of recycled water for the hotel’s laundry processes. Construction underway on a new, $500,000 Reverse Osmosis Water Treatment Plant right here at The Star Gold Coast
Other environment friendly practices include:
- Newspaper & cardboard box recycling
- Glass bottle recycling
- Printer cartridge recycling
- Replacement of over 14,500 existing halogen lamps with new energy efficient IRC lamps to increase energy savings by up to 45%
- No change option for guest linen
- Public transport options from the Hotel door
- Useable paper products donated to local charity
- Phosphate free chemicals used for all cleaning
- Collection of green waste (vegetable & fruit trimmings) recycled for animal feed
- Recycling of chemical and other packaging containers for re-use by suppliers
- Pressure washers used in cleaning kitchens and back of house areas to minimise water usage
- Old uniforms donated to World Vision