With guests already enjoying our refurbished hotel rooms, we’re on track to complete the initial transformation (including the refurbishment of our existing facilities and our new luxury suite tower) by the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games. Until then, you can expect to see the improvements keep on coming, as we work towards our vision.
Luxury Suite Tower
The property's luxury new development will offer new levels of luxury and only the best in finishes and amenities. Construction of the 17-storey tower is underway at the front of the property and is scheduled to be completed prior to the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games.
Equipped with the latest technology, The Star’s highly anticipated new Sports Bar will immerse sports enthusiasts in the heart of the action. A large LED super screen and additional television screens will be fitted throughout the venue to create the ultimate multi-screen viewing experience, broadcasting all the unmissable matches, races and contests from every corner of the globe. Private booths will provide a VIP experience for Sports Bar guests and offer exclusive packages and superior viewing position.
Directly adjacent to the Sports Bar, popular cafeteria-style eatery bite will close from September to undergo a significant transformation and unveil a new-look and name ahead of the festive season as The Star’s new Food Quarter. A fresh coastal palette and open plan design will provide a bright and contemporary area that serves as the ideal casual dining space for guests, while an extensive menu focusing on fresh, fast and efficient service will enhance the overall guest experience.
New rooftop restaurant and bar
The Star has joined forces with Gold Coast identities Simon Gloftis and Billy Cross for its stunning new rooftop restaurant and bar located atop our brand-new luxury suite hotel, The Darling.
The restaurant will feature a 110-seat dining area opening out onto an infinity pool overlooking the incredible Gold Coast skyline as well as a private dining area catering to more intimate functions. The bar, oozing style and class designed to entertain 300-500 guests, will play host to local DJs and feature an extensive beverage and cocktail list range as well as private booths and a VIP Bar.
The Star Residences
Adding to the excitement of the current development is the addition of the first mixed use residential apartment and hotel tower on Broadbeach Island.
The 53-storey tower is to be developed by the Destination Gold Coast Consortium, a joint venture between The Star Entertainment Group, Far East Consortium and Hong Kong-based Chow Tai Fook Enterprises.
The new tower will incorporate residential, hotel and retail offerings and is to be developed adjacent to The Star Gold Coast with its existing refurbished five-star hotel, integrated resort amenities and new luxury suite hotel due for completion before the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games.
- A luxury poolside experience
- Italian restaurant – Cucina Vivo
- Japanese restaurant and bar – Kiyomi
- Exterior painting of existing hotel
- Fresh new dining experience – Garden Kitchen & Bar
- Refurbishment of all 596 existing rooms
- Rejuvenated events lawn
- Replacement of the iconic diamond roof
- Re-energised Main Gaming Floor
- One of Australia’s largest permanent outdoor projection systems
- Lobby Level check-in refresh and redesign
- Replacement of the sail roof above the Atrium area
- New-look Atrium Bar
- Relaxed dining alternatives– Mei Wei Dumplings and M&G Café and Bar
- The Shop @ The Star
- Completion of existing lift and escalator upgrade
- Transformation of an array of food and beverage experiences
- Refreshed property arrival experience
- More meeting room space and event facilities
- All-new health and wellness facilities
- Pavilion Convention Centre refresh
- Connectivity between our existing hotel and new luxury suite tower with outdoor terrace
- Completion of new luxury suite tower
- New signature restaurants and bars
- Canal front parkland upgrade
- Addition of new hotel and apartment tower (pending successful apartment pre-sales)
Canal Front Parkland Upgrade
The Star Entertainment Group has announced it will work with the City of Gold Coast Council to revitalise the parkland on the corner of the Gold Coast Highway and T E Peters Drive, Broadbeach – directly in front of the property.
The $1 million park redevelopment, which includes new lawn, a feature grassed mound, seating, pathways, recreational area and space for community stage will commence in December 2017 and reopen in February 2018, in time for the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games.
Prior to the redevelopment, the park will be utilised to support the construction of the new luxury suite tower.