With guests already enjoying our refurbished hotel rooms, we’re on track to complete the initial transformation (including the refurbishment of our existing facilities and our new luxury six-star tower) by the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games. Until then, you can expect to see the improvements keep on coming, as we work towards our vision.
Six Star Tower
The property’s luxury new development promises to deliver on six-star quality and service, offering new levels of luxury and only the best in finishes and amenities. Construction of the 17-storey tower is underway at the front of the property and is scheduled to be completed prior to the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games.
Canal Front Parkland Upgrade
The Star Entertainment Group has announced it will work with the City of Gold Coast Council to revitalise the parkland on the corner of the Gold Coast Highway and T E Peters Drive, Broadbeach – directly in front of the property.
The $1 million park redevelopment, which includes new lawn, a feature grassed mound, seating, pathways, recreational area and space for community stage will commence in December 2017 and reopen in February 2018, in time for the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games.
Prior to the redevelopment, the park will be utilised to support the construction of the new six-star tower.
New Hotel and Apartment Tower
In another exciting step for The Star Entertainment Group, the Queensland Government has confirmed approval to build a new 200-metre hotel and apartment tower on Broadbeach Island.
The new tower is the first of up to five within a future master plan for the property as part of a joint venture with Queen’s Wharf Brisbane partners Chow Tai Fook and Far East Consortium.
Subject to successful apartment pre-sales, construction of the new 700-key complex is expected to start in 2017. The hotel and apartment tower is in addition to the $345 million transformation currently underway at the property, and will take the property’s total transformation to a combined investment worth up to $850 million.
Proposed Schedule of Works
- Luxury poolside experience
- Italian restaurant – Cucina Vivo
- Japanese restaurant and bar – Kiyomi
- Exterior painting of existing hotel
- Fresh new dining experience – Garden Kitchen & Bar
- Refurbishment of all 596 existing rooms
- Rejuvenated events lawn
- Replacement of the iconic diamond roof
- Re-energised Main Gaming Floor
- One of Australia’s largest permanent outdoor projection systems
- Lobby Level check-in refresh and redesign
- Replacement of the sail roof above the Atrium area
- New-look Atrium Bar
- Relaxed dining alternatives– Mei Wei Dumplings and M&G Café and Bar
- Construction of luxury six-star tower continues
To be completed
- Transformation of an array of food and beverage outlets
- New contemporary restaurants and bars
- New six-star tower to be completed prior to the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games
- Canal front parkland upgrade
- Addition of new hotel and apartment tower