TRUFFLE HUNT INSTAGRAM COMPETITION - GAME OF SKILL PROMOTION - TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry to this game of skill promotion. Entry into the promotion (“Promotion”) is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The Promoter is The Star Pty Limited, 80 Pyrmont Street, Pyrmont, NSW, 2009. ABN 25 060 510 410.
3. The period during which participants can enter the Promotion commences at 1200 on 26/06/17 and ends at 1700 on 11/08/17. The Promotion will run for a total of 7 weeks with a total of 7 prizes (1 per week) to giveaway.
- Week 1 starts 26/06/17 and is drawn on 30/06/17.
- Week 2 starts 03/07/17 and is drawn on 07/07/17.
- Week 3 starts 10/07/17 and is drawn on 14/07/17.
- Week 4 starts 17/07/17 and is drawn on 21/07/17.
- Week 5 starts 24/07/17 and is drawn on 28/07/17.
- Week 6 starts 31/07/17 and is drawn on 04/08/17.
- Week 7 starts 07/08/17 and is drawn on 11/08/17.
4. Entry is open to persons who are 18 years of age or over, reside in Australia and be contactable by Instagram (“Eligible Entrants”).
5. Directors, management and employees of any of THE STAR ENTERTAINMENT GROUP of companies (including, without limitation, The Star Sydney, The Star Gold Coast & Treasury Brisbane companies) and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
6. To enter the Eligible Entrant must find the hidden dog emoji on previous posts on The Star Sydney Instagram account and be the first to reply with ‘#TheStarSydney’.
7. Responses must be received by the Promoter during the Promotional Period. Entries (“Entry/ies”) must be submitted by the individual entrant and any automated entries will be invalid.
8. All entries become the property of the Promoter. Entrants acknowledge that their Entry and all material included will be the property of the Promoter. As a condition of entering into this Promotion, each Eligible Entrant assigns all of their rights, title and interest (including copyright) in and to their entry to the Promoter from the time of Entry. Eligible Entrants consent to any use of their Entry which may otherwise infringe their moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
10. A panel of judges will be appointed to ensure winner of the week’s competition satisfies clause 6 by being the first to find the emoji and reply with #TheStarSydney.
11. The winners will be selected each week by 16:00 on each Friday across the 7 weeks of the competition, with the selection of one winner (“Prize Winner”) each week. The first Entry to find the emoji and reply with #TheStarSydney will be the Prize Winner.
12. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the Prize Winner.
13. PRIZE: Each weekly ‘Truffle Hunt Winner’ will win a $200 voucher to spend at The Star Sydney. The prizes must be collected in person by the winner from The Star Sydney and cannot be posted or sent to the winner in any manner. The winner must show valid ID at time of collection.
14. The Prize Winner will be notified by THE STAR SALES & MARKETING DEPARTMENT by 1600 on each Friday of the Promotion period (7 weeks) on Instagram. The winner will be announced on The Star Sydney website by 5pm on each Friday of the Promotion.
15. The Star reserves the right to cancel or change the prize offered under the Promotion if there are any changes to the law which would or might render the promotion or any prizes offered under the Promotion unlawful.
16. No prize, entry or other feature of the Promotion can be transferred or redeemed for other goods or services.
17. Conduct of the entire Promotion, including decisions on the eligibility of persons to enter and validity of entry and prizes, shall be the responsibility of the Promoter. The Promoter’s decisions in relation to the conduct of the Promotion are final.
18. The Promoter is not responsible for any problem or technical malfunction of any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Eligible Entrant submitting an Entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language.
19. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
20. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries.
21. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this competition.
22. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION ON A WEBSITE, OR TO OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS COMPETITION, MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, WHETHER SUCCESSFUL OR NOT, THE PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
23. To the extent that a situation, malfunction, or other issue arises for which these terms and conditions make no provision or in relation to which the relevant terms and conditions are unclear, The Star reserves the right to (a) make a decision regarding those circumstances which is not inconsistent with these terms and conditions; and/or (b) postpone the selection of the Prize Winner to a time and place which will allow the selection to be conducted in accordance with all terms and conditions other than those terms and conditions which specify the time and place of the selection.
24. The Promoter is not responsible for any loss, damage or injury suffered or claimed, including, but no limited to, indirect or consequential loss or damage, personal injury or death, and direct or indirect loss or damage by an entrant in relation to entering or participating in this Promotion or taking or using the prize offered except where that loss, damage or injury was caused by breach of these terms and conditions by the Promoter or the wilful or negligent acts or omissions of the Promoter. To avoid any doubt the Promoter shall not be liable for loss caused by technical and mechanical malfunction which is outside the control of the Promoter.
25. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. You are providing your information to The Star Pty Limited and not to Facebook or Instagram. By participating in this promotion you agree to a complete release of Facebook and Instagram from any claims. Participation in this promotion is subject to the official rules.
26. Should the Prize Winner consent to having his/her photograph taken, that Prize Winner consents to having his/her name and photograph published in any form of media and agrees to participate in any reasonable Promotion requested by The Star.
27. The laws of the state of New South Wales govern the Promotion.
28. A copy of the terms and conditions governing the Promotion can be obtained from www.thestarsydney.com.au