2016 Year In Review
The Star Event Centre has had a stellar 2016, delivering 101 gala events, attended by over 45,000 guests. This state-of-the art venue, driven by a talented team of professionals, has developed an international reputation for quality.
The Star’s year of galas in numbers:
- We hosted events for over 209,904 guests
- Our chefs plated over 155,844 dishes
- We poured over 71,348 glasses of champagne
- Our team members represent over 26 countries, speaking over 30 different languages
- 70 team members of the banquets team served 670 guests in a record breaking 3 minutes during the Dally M’s
- During the ARIA Awards, we welcomed Jessica Mauboy, The Veronicas and Flume, 80 of Australia’s top musical talents, 370 VIPs, 26 presenters, 270 guests and over 250 screaming fans
- The Star hosted over 10 charity gala ball’s, which raised over $1,025,000 during the dinners
In 2016, the Event Centre was home to the most glamorous, high profile and influential gala events including Women in Style, The Australian Financial Review’s Top 100 Restaurants Awards and ARIA Awards. International celebrities like Kylie Minogue, Rose Byrne and Mel Gibson have all attended gala’s at The Star.