TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Win a VESPA at PIZZAPERTA
1. “Win a Vespa” promotion (“Promotion”) commences on 2 May 2017 and ends on 30 June, or while stocks last at Pizzaperta.
2. The Promotion comprises of a prize draws which will be held at 12pm on 4 July 2017 at Pizzaperta at The Star Sydney(“Prize Draw”).
3. The promotional period commences at11.30am on Tuesday 2 May 2017 and ends at 12.00am on Friday 30 June 2017 at Pizzaperta. (“Promotional Period”).
4. Participation in the Promotion is limited to persons who are, insofar as is the case for the duration of the Promotional Period:
a. 18 years of age or over;
b. Reside in Australia; and
c. not excluded from The Star.
5. The Promoter reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to deem any irregular entries, including the following entries, “Invalid Entries”:
a. entries that have not been completed properly; and
b. entries that are invalid pursuant to the conditions imposed under the permit issued for the Promotion.
6. Invalid Entries cannot win prizes. (“Eligible Entrants”).
7. Subject to clauses 4 and 5, eligible entrant will be entitled to receive one entry (“ENTRY”) to enter the promotion when any pizza and Birra Moretti is purchased in one transaction during the promotional period.
8. Eligible Entrants will not be entitled to receive Entries for the Promotion in conjunction with any other offer, discount, voucher, ‘comp’ or member’s benefit or privilege.
9. Eligible Entrants will only be entitled to receive Entries consistent with the Promoter’s policies or legal obligations in relation to the responsible service of alcohol. The Promoter supports the responsible service of alcohol. The Promotion is at all times subject to The Star’s responsible service of alcohol policy. The Star reserves the right to refuse to serve a person or award an Entry if to do so would be inconsistent with The Star’s responsible service of alcohol policy.
10. To enter the Promotion, Eligible Entrants must complete all details required on the Entry form and place it in the barrel (“Barrel”) during the Promotional Period. There will be 1 Barrel that will be located in Pizzaperta for the duration of the Promotional period.
11. An entry will be drawn from the Prize Draw Barrel. The Promoter will review the drawn Entry to confirm that it is not an Invalid Entry (“Valid Entry”). If the Entry is an Invalid Entry, a further Entry will be drawn and reviewed in the same manner. The Prize Draw ends when the first Valid Entry is identified.
12. The Eligible Entrant whose name is on the first Valid Entry identified in the Prize Draw wins the Prize (“Prize Winner”). Eligible Entrants do not need to be present at the Prize Draw to win the Prize.
13. The Eligible Entrant whose number is on the first Valid Entry identified in the Prize Draw wins the prize (“Prize Winner”). Eligible Entrants do not need to be present at the Prize Draw to win a prize.
14. The Prize Winner will be notified by email or phone call by 3pm Tuesday 4 July 2017 by The Promoter
15. If, despite its reasonable efforts, The Promoter does not receive a confirmation by 3pm Tuesday 11 July 2017 from the Prize Winner, the Prize Winner forfeits the Prize and is no longer the Prize
Winner for the purposes of these terms and conditions.
16. If the Prize Winner forfeits the Prize pursuant to clause 17, the Promoter will conduct a second Prize Draw in accordance with clauses 11 to 14. This new Prize Draw will take place at 4pm Tuesday 11 July 2017 (“Prize Draw 2”) The Promoter will make reasonable efforts to notify the new Prize Winner of the result of the Prize Draw 2 by email within 2 days of the draw. Prize Draws will continue in this manner until a new Prize Winner has been notified of the result of the new Prize Draw.
17. The Prize Winner’s name will be published on The Star website on or around 4pm Tuesday 11 July 2017
18. To satisfy these Identification Requirements, an Eligible Entrant must:
a. Present themselves at The Star;
b. Produce identification that is valid and acceptable to the Promoter (“Valid ID”)
c. Complete the provided “Winners Paperwork”
Valid ID means:
d. a passport, Australian driver’s license or other form of photographic identification in which the photograph is clear and undamaged and that is otherwise acceptable to the Promoter; or
e. Two forms of non-photographic identification that are valid and acceptable to the Promoter.
19. The Promoter may, at its sole and absolute discretion, waive or vary the Identification Requirements if the identity of an Eligible Entrant is determinable without the measures set out in clause 18.
20. The Prize comprises of one 2017 Primavera IGET Vespa Scooter ($5,961), 12 Months Compulsory Third Party Insurance ($143), 12 Months Registration in New South Wales ($330), total value of $6434.
21. The Prize Winner agrees to accept, receive and use the Prize at their own risk and will, at all times, indemnify, keep indemnified, hold harmless and release the Promoter and to the full extent permitted by law from and against any and all claims, causes of action, losses, damage, liability, cost or expense (including legal expenses on a full indemnity basis), incurred by the Promoter as a result of or in connection with the Promotion and from all liability which may arise in respect of any accident, damage or injury occurring to any person or property in connection with the Prize and / or the Prize Winner. The Prize Winner may also be required to sign an agreement to release the Promoter from and indemnify the Promoter against any liability arising from the use or participation in the prize)
22. Notwithstanding any other clause herein, the Promoter will not be liable, and the Prize Winner acknowledges that the Promoter excludes all liability whatsoever under these terms and conditions or otherwise at law, for any indirect, special, economic or consequential loss or damage suffered or incurred by the Prize Winner, including without limitation, loss of revenue, profits, goodwill or opportunities, whether caused by the negligence of the Promoter or otherwise and whether or not the Promoter was aware or should have been aware of the possibility of such loss or damage.
23. Once entered into the Promotion, Entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter may store in a database and use for marketing purposes information contained on any Entry.
25. Clauses 23 and 24 do not apply insofar as an Eligible Entrant ticks a box on an Entry and thereby indicates that they do not consent to the collection, storage and use of personal information
described in clause 23.
26. The total possible prize pool is $6,434 in value.
27. Except as expressly provided in these terms and conditions, Entries and the Prize cannot be redeemed for cash or other goods and services.
28. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or change the prizes offered under the Promotion if there are any changes to the law that would or might render the Promotion or any prizes offered under the Promotion unlawful.
29. The Promoter’s decisions in relation to the conduct of the Promotion are final. No correspondence will be entered into.
30. To the extent that a situation or issue arises for which these terms and conditions make no provision or in relation to which the relevant terms and conditions are unclear, the Promoter reserves the right to make a decision regarding such situation or issue in its sole and absolute discretion and such decision will be final and binding.
31. Participation in the Promotion by an Eligible Entrant confirms acceptance of the terms and conditions governing the Promotion including but not limited to the indemnity and exclusion clauses contained herein.
32. Subject to any applicable law that cannot be excluded, the Promoter nor their related bodies corporate, shall be liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered or sustained (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the Promotion or the Prize.
33. Should a prize winner consent to having their photograph taken, they consent to having their name and photograph published in any form of media and agree to participate in any reasonable promotion requested by the Promoter, without reward.
34. All monetary values expressed in this document are expressed in Australian currency.
35. The laws of the state of New South Wales govern the Promotion.
36. The Promotion is authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/13278
37. A copy of the terms and conditions governing the Promotion can be obtained at www.thestarsydney.com.au or at Pizzaperta during the Promotional Period.
38. “The Promoter” of the Promotion is The Star Pty Limited ABN 25 060 510 410 of 80 Pyrmont Street, Pyrmont NSW 2009.