1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry to this game of skill promotion. Entry into the promotion (“Promotion”) is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The Promoter is The Star Pty Limited, 80 Pyrmont Street, Pyrmont, NSW, 2009. ABN 25 060 510 410.
3. The period during which participants can enter the Promotion commences at 4:00pm AEDT on Friday 25 November 2016 and ends at 11:59am AEDT on Wednesday 30 November 2016 (“Promotional Period”).
4. Entry is open to persons who are 18 years of age or over, reside in Australia (“Eligible Entrants”).
5. Directors, management and employees of any of the THE STAR ENTERTAINMENT GROUP of companies (including, without limitation, The Star and Jupiters companies) and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
6. To enter the Eligible Entrant must:
a. Visit http://www.star.com.au/Sydney500
b. Complete registration form
c. As instructed, answer in twenty five (25) words or less “Tell us which moment in V8 Supercar history has been your favourite of all time for your chance to win four weekend passes to the last ever Sydney 500
7. Responses must be received by the Promoter during the Promotional Period. Eligible Entrant can enter only once Entries (“Entry/ies”) must be submitted by the individual entrant and any automated entries will be invalid.
8. All entries become the property of the Promoter. Entrants acknowledge that their Entry and all material included will be the property of the Promoter. As a condition of entering into this Promotion, each Eligible Entrant assigns all of their rights, title and interest (including copyright) in and to their entry to the Promoter from the time of Entry. Eligible Entrants consent to any use of their Entry which may otherwise infringe their moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
10. A panel of judges from THE STAR MARKETING & ENTERTAINMENT DEPARTMENT will be appointed to judge all Eligible Entrants’ Entries at the offices of the Promoter, The Star, 80 Pyrmont Street, Pyrmont, NSW 2009.
11. The Entries will be judged by 2:30pm Wednesday 30 November 2016, with the selection of five winners (“Prize Winners”). The top five Entries, as determined by the judges in their absolute discretion, based on the creative merit of the Entry, will be the Prize Winners.
12. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the Prize Winner.
13. PRIZE: Five (5) winners will each receive four (4) weekend passes to the 2016 Sydney 500 Supercars event (3-4 December 2016)
14. The Prize Winner will be notified via contact details provided as part of their registration.
15. The Star reserves the right to cancel or change the prize offered under the Promotion if there are any changes to the law which would or might render the promotion or any prizes offered under the Promotion unlawful.
16. No prize, entry or other feature of the Promotion can be transferred or redeemed for other goods or services.
17. Conduct of the entire Promotion, including decisions on the eligibility of persons to enter and validity of entry and prizes, shall be the responsibility of the Promoter. The Promoter’s decisions in relation to the conduct of the Promotion are final.
18. The Promoter is not responsible for any problem or technical malfunction of any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Eligible Entrant submitting an Entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language.
19. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
20. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries.
21. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this competition.
22. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION ON A WEBSITE, OR TO OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS COMPETITION, MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, WHETHER SUCCESSFUL OR NOT, THE PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
23. To the extent that a situation, malfunction, or other issue arises for which these terms and conditions make no provision or in relation to which the relevant terms and conditions are unclear, The Star reserves the right to (a) make a decision regarding those circumstances which is not inconsistent with these terms and conditions; and/or (b) postpone the selection of the Prize Winner to a time and place which will allow the selection to be conducted in accordance with all terms and conditions other than those terms and conditions which specify the time and place of the selection.
24. The Promoter is not responsible for any loss, damage or injury suffered or claimed, including, but no limited to, indirect or consequential loss or damage, personal injury or death, and direct or indirect loss or damage by an entrant in relation to entering or participating in this Promotion or taking or using the prize offered except where that loss, damage or injury was caused by breach of these terms and conditions by the Promoter or the wilful or negligent acts or omissions of the Promoter. To avoid any doubt the Promoter shall not be liable for loss caused by technical and mechanical malfunction which is outside the control of the Promoter.
25. Should the Prize Winner consent to having his/her photograph taken, that Prize Winner consents to having his/her name and photograph published in any form of media and agrees to participate in any reasonable Promotion requested by The Star.
26. The laws of the state of New South Wales govern the Promotion.
27. A copy of the terms and conditions governing the Promotion can be obtained from www.star.com.au