Published on 29 June 2016.
Tourism Accommodation Australia (TAA) announced The Star Sydney is a finalist in a remarkable 15 categories of the prestigious Tourism Accommodation Australia Awards for Excellence 2016. Highlights include The Darling Hotel for Sydney Deluxe Hotel of the Year, Dany Karam, Executive Chef at BLACK by ezard for Chef of the Year, and The Star Event Centre for Function Venue of the Year, as well as recognition of the health club and spa, numerous bars, restaurants and multiple team members.
Greg Hawkins, Managing Director at The Star Sydney says with such a large group of talented individuals recognised as finalists, this achievement truly speaks to the efforts of The Star’s entire team in creating and delivering exceptional experiences for guests.
“This is a fantastic achievement, given the high level of competition in each of these categories.
In fact this year TAA advised they had received the most submissions in the history of the Awards. The much sought after Metropolitan Bar of the Year category received such a large number of submissions, only the top ten became finalists and that includes three bars at The Star.
“We work hard to be Sydney’s premier events and entertainment destination. To be recognised for this, by an important industry body such as TAA, is validation of our continuing commitment to becoming Australia’s leading integrated resort, and we couldn’t be more honoured,” said Mr Hawkins.
The Star is improving, expanding and innovating to continue to deliver world class experiences. As Sydney’s only integrated resort, The Star offers three towers of five star accommodation, twenty-three bars and restaurants, Event Centre, a day spa, international nightclub, Marquee, and a world class casino.
The Star is a finalist in the following categories:
- Food and Beverage Employee of the Year – Jessica Aiken, Director of Beverage
- Concierge of the Year – Charles Adams at The Darling Hotel
- Chef of the Year – Dany Karam, Executive Chef at BLACK by ezard
- Hotel Industry Rising Star – Bianca Schings-D’Agostino, Front Office Duty Manager at The Darling Hotel
- Metropolitan Restaurant of the Year (Deluxe Hotels) – BLACK by ezard, Momofuku Seiōbo, Osteria Balla Manfredi and Sokyo
- Bar of the Year Metropolitan Hotels – Cherry, Rock Lily and Sokyo Lounge
- Health Club and Spa Facilities of the Year – The Darling Spa
- Sydney Deluxe Hotel of the Year - The Darling Hotel
- Best Environmental Practices Metropolitan Hotels – The Star
- Function Venue of the Year – The Star Event Centre
Finalists of the Tourism Accommodation Australia NSW Awards for Excellence will vie for first place across 35 award categories at the gala awards held at Four Points by Sheraton Sydney on Thursday 21 July 2016.
- ENDS -
For media enquiries please contact:
Laura Valentine, Account Manager, Zadro
P: +61 2 9212 7867 | M: +61 4 06 285 077 | email@example.com
Jacqueline Howard, Senior Account Coordinator, Zadro
P: +61 2 9212 7867 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
About The Star Sydney:
The Star Sydney is Australia’s premier place to play. A sip of sparkling. A dozen freshly shucked oysters. Crisp white sheets and red carpet. Diamonds and spades. Gucci and gastronomy. The day begins with luxury – where it ends is up to you. At The Star, we have just one mission –– to thrill. That’s why we have all star chefs and restaurants, luxurious accommodation and high-end fashion, a sumptuous day spa, an amazing nightclub, and, of course, the world-class casino. It’ s all yours for the taking, so will you? Come and play at The Star.