A New Star In Town!
Published on 16 November 2015
Media and stakeholders are advised today of two important announcements.
- Echo Entertainment Group Limited has changed its name to The Star Entertainment Group Limited; the ASX code from the start of trade today has also changed from EGP to SGR.
- Destination Brisbane Consortium – a joint venture where The Star Entertainment Group has partnered with pre-eminent Hong Kong-based organisations Far East Consortium and Chow Tai Fook Enterprises – has entered into development agreements (contract close) with the Queensland Government for the delivery of the Queen’s Wharf Brisbane project.
ASX Releases covering these two announcements can be viewed here. You can also read the address given by The Star Entertainment Group Chairman, John O’Neill AO, at this morning’s media announcement at the Treasury Hotel in Brisbane to announce the name change and the contract close on Queen’s Wharf.
Mr O’Neill and The Star Entertainment Group Managing Director & CEO, Matt Bekier, were joined at the announcement by Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk and State Development Minister Dr Anthony Lynham.
Further to the name change from Echo Entertainment Group to The Star Entertainment Group, we also request the following protocols be observed:
- When referring to the company it is The Star Entertainment Group
- If a shorthand version is required please refer to The Star
- Please avoid referring to the company as The Star Group
For additional clarity, while the corporate rebrand has now taken effect (including previous Echo Entertainment Group corporate offices being physically rebranded as The Star Entertainment Group offices), our three properties in south-east Queensland and Sydney, which welcomed more than 20 million guests during FY2015, will transition to new names and visual identities during 2016.
The timeline is as follows:
A rebrand of The Star, Sydney, will occur in March 2016
Jupiters Hotel & Casino will rebrand as The Star, Gold Coast, during the second half of 2016
Treasury Casino & Hotel will become Treasury by The Star at the same time as Jupiters changes to The Star, Gold Coast
When the new integrated resort development in Brisbane is completed in 2022 it will be known as The Star, Brisbane.
For more information:
Peter Jenkins, Head of Media and Communications, The Star Entertainment Group +61 439 015 292
Chad Barton, Chief Financial Officer, The Star Entertainment Group 02 9657 9140
Harry Theodore, Head of Strategy, Investor Relations and Group Reporting, The Star Entertainment Group 02 9657 8040