CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Promoter: The Promoter is The Star Entertainment Qld Limited ABN 78 010 741 045 trading as The Star Gold Coast (“The Star Gold Coast”), Broadbeach Island, Broadbeach, Queensland 4218. Telephone (07) 5592 8100.
1. The State of Origin Experience (“Promotion”) will commence at 10am on Thursday May 18, 2017, and close at 9am on Monday July 10, 2017 (“Promotion Period”). All times are listed in Australian Eastern Standard Time.
2. Prize Draws will take place in the Marketing offices of The Star Gold Coast (“Draw Location”) on Monday May 29, Monday June 19 and Monday July 10, 2017 (each a “Draw Day”).
3. Participation in the Promotion is open to all persons who:
a) are 18 years of age or older; and
b) are not the subject of an exclusion direction or self-exclusion order pursuant to the Casino Control Act 1982 (Qld).
People who meet the above conditions and continue to satisfy the conditions during the Promotion Period are referred to as “Eligible Entrant/s” and will be entitled to enter the Promotion.
4. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse any person participation in the Promotion at any time.
Entry into the Promotion
5. To enter the Promotion, Eligible Entrants must complete the entry form on The Star Gold Coast website Coast between the following times (“Prize Draws”) and answer in 25 words or less what they love about The Star Gold Coast:
a) between 10am Thursday May 18, 2017 and 9am Monday July 10, 2017 to enter all Prize Draws; or
b) between 10am Monday May 29, 2017 and 9am Monday July 10, 2017 to enter all remaining draws; or
c) between 10am Monday June 19, 2017 and 9am Monday July 10, 2017 to enter the remaining draw.
(Each a “Prize Draw Entry Period”)
6. The Promoter will conduct Prize Draws at the Draw Location on each Draw Day as follows:
a) at 10am Monday May 29, 2017 (“Prize Draw 1”);
b) at 10am Monday June 19, 2017 (“Prize Draw 2”);
c) at 10am Monday July 10, 2017 (“Prize Draw 3”);
7. At each Prize Draw, three Eligible Entrants will be selected based on the creativity and innovativeness of their Entry, to be awarded as the Competition Prize Winners (the “Winners”).
8. The Competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winners. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. The Winners will be contacted via phone by a member of The Star Gold Coast Marketing team. They will be advised how and where to collect their price prior to the game.
10. The Winners must respond to the phone call within twenty four (24) hours or a new Winner will be selected as outlined in Condition 7.
11. By submitting an Entry, the Promoter will have access to the Entry and the Entrant's basic information (including name, email address and phone number).
12. If an entry is gained by means other than in accordance with these Conditions of Entry, the entry may be deemed invalid.
13. If any entry is illegible, incomplete, appears to have been tampered with or is otherwise invalid in accordance with these Conditions of Entry, the Promoter reserves the right to refuse that entry and deem it invalid.
14. If any person chosen as a Winner is found to be ineligible, they will be disqualified and another Entrant will be selected as a replacement Winner as outlined in Condition 7.
15. The Winners will, subject to the Conditions of Entry, receive the following prize:
(i) A $100 food and beverage voucher to spend at Garden Kitchen & Bar;
(ii) Overnight accommodation in a Superior Deluxe Twin Room for the night of the State of Origin game for two people;
(iii) Breakfast at Food Fantasy for two people
(iv) Designated VIP area to watch the State of Origin game for two people
16. The Prize must be taken in its entirety on Wednesday May 31, 2017 (Game 1 Winners), Wednesday June 21, 2017 (Game 2 Winners) and Wednesday July 12, 2017 (Game 3 Winners).
17. The Prize pool for this Promotion is valued at $708 per Winner.
18. The Prize is not for resale and the Winners must be present to redeem the prize.
19. The Prize must be taken as offered. The Winners are responsible for any other charges incurred.
20. The Winners must produce valid acceptable identification to a representative of the Promoter to confirm their eligibility to win a prize. Valid identification acceptable to the Promoter will be either one form of valid photographic identification (Passport or Australian driver’s licence) with an undamaged clearly visible photograph, or two other forms of non-photographic identification acceptable to the Promoter.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to waive or vary the identification requirements at its sole discretion in circumstances where the identity of a Winner is determinable by a representative of the Promoter without the assistance of these or any other form of identification.
22. Directors, management and employees of The Star Entertainment Group of companies (including any related body corporate as defined in the Corporations Act 2001) and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in this Promotion. For the purposes of this clause, ‘immediate families’ of an employee means the person’s spouse and family members residing at the same premises as the employee. The Star Entertainment Group comprises, but is not limited to the businesses of The Star Sydney, The Star Gold Coast and Treasury Casino and Hotel.
23. Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be exchanged or redeemed for alternate prizes. Any tax liability or implication which attaches to a prize is the responsibility of the Selected Member claiming that prize.
24. The Promoter is not responsible for any loss, damage or injury suffered or claimed (including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss or damage, personal injury or death, and direct or indirect loss or damage) by an entrant in relation to entering or participating in this Promotion or taking or using the prizes offered except where that loss, damage or injury was caused by breach of these terms and conditions by the Promoter or the wilful or negligent acts or omissions of the Promoter.
25. Conduct of the entire Promotion, including decisions on the eligibility of persons to enter and validity of entry and prizes, shall be the responsibility of the Promoter.
26. To the extent that a situation or issue arises for which these terms and conditions make no provision or in relation to which the relevant terms and conditions are unclear, the Promoter reserves the right to make a decision regarding such situation or issue which is not inconsistent with these terms and conditions.
27. While the Promoter intends to conduct the Promotion as offered, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or change the Promotion or a prize offered in the Promotion if it can no longer continue the Promotion or offer a prize due to circumstances outside the Promoter’s control.
28. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late or non-received entries. The Promoter does not guarantee the continuous or fault-free operation of the entry processes, including entry validating and receipting processes, during the Promotion.
29. Any entrant who tampers, or attempts to tamper, with the entry processes or tampers, or attempts to tamper with the processes used for the draws or who submits an entry which is not valid in accordance with these terms will be subject to disqualification at the discretion of the Promoter.
30. Selected Members may be asked to participate in publicity or advertising at the request of the Promoter. Participation in any such publicity or advertising is at the sole discretion of the relevant Selected Member. The names of Selected Members will not be published without their consent except as announced at the Draw Location.
31. Participation in the Promotion indicates acceptance of the terms and conditions governing the Promotion. These terms and conditions will be available at The Star Club Desk at The Star Gold Coast throughout the Promotion Period.
32. By participating in this Promotion, each entrant’s Entry/Entries becomes the property of the Promoter and may be used for the Promoter’s business analysis and marketing purposes in accordance with the Promoter’s privacy statement which can be viewed at www.thestargoldcoast.com.au Privacy law allows entrants to access their personal information held by the Promoter in certain circumstances. Failure to supply the personal information requested may result in an Entry being deemed invalid.