Getting To The Star
The Star will be alive with activity during the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games, as we celebrate the biggest sporting event the Gold Coast has ever seen. Whether you’re travelling by Bus, Taxi, Uber, Car, the G:link or on foot, there are lots of ways to get to The Star – you might just need to allow for a little extra time.
Some traffic conditions will change during GC2018, so for a comprehensive summary of these changes, please visit getsetforthegames.com or click on the Map button below.
G:link will run 24 hour hours a day during GC2018. There are two stops close to The Star, Broadbeach North and Broadbeach South. There are also multiple bus routes to the Broadbeach South Station. Please check your public transport options via the timetable link below.
Onsite parking will be available to the public on weekdays, subject to availability.
Members of The Star Club, Guests staying in the hotel, guests with restaurant bookings at one of The Star’s venues and Theatre guests will be permitted to enter the car park on Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 April, subject to availability. Some restrictions may apply during peak periods. Members will be required to show their membership card on entry. Please refer to the signage located as you enter The Star.
Vehicles Entering The Star
- Hooker Boulevard
- East Bridge (The Darling) when travelling from the north or south on Gold Coast Highway
Vehicles Exiting The Star
- Hooker Boulevard
- East Bridge (The Darling)
- T E Peters Drive
Gold and higher members of The Star Club will have an increased number of spaces in the VIP Level 2 Car Park (accessible only by the appropriate membership card)
During peak periods, Gold, Platinum and Diamond members will have priority parking and will be permitted to enter the car park by showing their membership card on entry, subject to availability.
Theatre guests will be required to show their Theatre ticket, and Restaurant guests with a booking are required to quote the name of the booking to the Host to gain access to the car park. Hotel Guests prior to check-in will need to inform the Host on arrival at the car park entry the name of the hotel reservation or after check-in, their hotel key. Parking is subject to availability.
- The Star is walking distance from two G:link stops – Broadbeach North and Broadbeach South.
- Access via T E Peters Drive or Hooker Boulevard.
- Access via The Darling entrance is strictly limited to hotel guests staying in The Darling and guests eligible to enter the Private Gaming Rooms located in The Darling.
- Only guests leaving GCCEC will be permitted to walk over the GCCEC Bridge to access The Star. Guests leaving the property will not be permitted to use the GCCEC Bridge to walk to Broadbeach.